Untitled Document

Home Register FAQ Members List Inst Messg Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
User Info Statistics
Go Back   nPower Software User Forums > nPower Software Discussion > Power Solids for Max / Viz

Old 08-24-2009, 12:24 PM

Trial - Can't get tools to run properly

First Post on this forum so sorry if I'm in the wrong location

I'm running 3DS Max 2008 64 Bit- I downloaded the correct install and installed power nurbs demo. I'm also running Vista 64bit

Upon start up it gives me warning I may have to run Max as Admin - So I do that, but then when I load the UI itís all greyed out. If I run it normally the UI looks fine but gives me script errors when I use the tools.

I posted images of the problem on the Area Forum:
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autod...s-60---errors/

Thanks for any help as I want to try out the tools before it expires.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 AM

I wish I could help you, but I have never run into this issue. It appears that you may be missing some plugins or something. Do you see the nPower Tools in the Creation drop down? What exactly are your steps to get the error (exactly which buttons are you pressing)?

-Eric
Old 08-25-2009, 06:09 PM

I ran the install for Max 2008 64bit and then launch Max which gives the "you will need to run Max as admin for the first time"

I then loaded up the UI as described in the vid tutorial and when I press the tools like power sketch I then get those script windows to pop up as errors. Creating power cubes/spheres etc.. seems to work fine.

If I run as admin the UI is greyed out and looks odd like the icons are not right (See Pic on link to area forum)

So not sure what the problem is - maybe I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade to Max 2010?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:16 AM

It is possible that the problem is with the nPower Tools UI button ribbon, and not with the tools themselves. Another way to access the tools is through the Create menu (in a default UI set up, its the button on the top left of the right-hand side bar) under "nPower Tools 1", etc. Try reaching this menu, and see if you can create a Pwr_Sketch, and if you can Pwr_Extrude it. Please post the results of this attempt, and any relevant screen shots, as they will help us narrow down your problem.