Untitled Document

Home Register FAQ Members List Inst Messg Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
User Info Statistics
Go Back   nPower Software User Forums > nPower Software Discussion > Power Translators for Max / Viz

Old 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Some objects importing with strange donuts

Like in the image.

When I try to delete the donut type thing, it will erase one of the faces I need on my object. Any ideas? STEP coming out of Solidworks.

http://studio23.us/joe/npowerQ.jpg
Old 09-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Importing the step into rhino and saving back out cleans up these artifacts, does anyone out there know what is causing them?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Step Import Issues

Hey Rotanadan,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. For some reason our email forwarding didn't work for this post.

Anyways, the "donut" you speak of is probably a torus that has been trimmed wrong. In this case, it sounds like we had an error reading the orientation in the surface or inserting a seam, and in the process, ended up trimming the wrong side of the surface.

It is something that we could probably fix. Can you send me the model?erik@npowersoftware.com

Sometimes, bringing the model into another CAD system and exporting again will work. In your case, it seems that we like the Rhino exported data a little more than Solidworks. Sometimes that will work and others maybe not so much.

Regardless, we would be happy to take a look.

Sorry again for the delay.

Erik