Untitled Document

Home Register FAQ Members List Inst Messg Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
User Info Statistics
Go Back   nPower Software User Forums > Maya Power Translator Forum > Maya Power Translator Bugs

Tags: ,

Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Question .step import not completing

Powertranslator for Maya 2012sap, Win7 64bit 16Gig Ram, (direct connect is always OFF). nPower Version 04.10

When i try to import a .step file via Powertrans (DConn off) the import starts, the import status bar shows up, but in the end nothing gets imported. Statusline outputs: Result://(datapath of file). Workspace and Outliner stay empty.

The same file gets imported via Maya direct connect with no problems, so its not corrupted and seems to be a valid .step file. The data is quite heavy, is there a Limitation due to the complexity of the CAD Model?

Any Idea?
Thanks,
Peter
Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Hi Peter,

There aren't any phyiscal size limits (just the amount of memory that you have). That's a very strange case. Could you send us the file for debugging?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM

Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply. Maybe you can PM me where to send the file to (sensitive data).

Thanks and regards,
P

P.S. I forgot to mention that right now i'm evaluating your SW using the 30 day Demo. As far as i understand it should work exactly as the full version, right?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Demo

Hey Peter,

The import quality will be the same for both demo and release. You can email me directly if you want to send the file so that we can see what is wrong.

erik@npowersoftware.com

Erik
nPower