Untitled Document

Home Register FAQ Members List Inst Messg Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
User Info Statistics
Go Back   nPower Software User Forums > Maya Power Translator Forum > Maya Power Translator Bugs

Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 PM

.step import issues

Hello I am importing a .step file in Maya 2011 x64 with direct connect disabled, and am only getting about half my geometry coming through. The rest appears to be stuck in wire frame, it will not go shaded and will not render. Import with direct connect and everything shows up fine, but the scene is so heavy i cannot navigate or animate. Not sure what is going on, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaziel View Post
Hello I am importing a .step file in Maya 2011 x64 with direct connect disabled, and am only getting about half my geometry coming through. The rest appears to be stuck in wire frame, it will not go shaded and will not render. Import with direct connect and everything shows up fine, but the scene is so heavy i cannot navigate or animate. Not sure what is going on, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Can you send us the STEP model to examine?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:09 PM

Hi Kevin,

After the import, try the following steps as a work-around:
1) Edit->Select All
2) Click the set material button for "Assign a new Blinn Material to active objects".
3) Shading->Smooth Shade All in the viewport.

Does this resolve the issue?

If so, you might be running into the following bug. Our importer tries to assign some sort of default material to each imported mesh, but sometimes it fails to do so. Maya needs a material/shader to be connected to a mesh for the mesh to appear shaded, otherwise the mesh defaults to wireframe.

Michael