Untitled Document

Home Register FAQ Members List Inst Messg Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
User Info Statistics
Go Back   nPower Software User Forums > Maya Power Translator Forum > Maya Power Translator Bugs

Old 08-30-2010, 07:21 AM

Maya 2011 nPower Translator - Major Problem

I'm having problems getting Power Translator for Maya 2011 64-bit to work. With Maya 2010, it worked perfectly, but now that I'm attempting to use the 2011 plug-in, it seems to behave much differently.

I'm able to get the plug-in and import options working fine after install, but when I actually click on import(using .step format and the default tesselation options), I'm not getting the status pop-ups that appear in the 2010 version. The only progress bar I see is in the lower left corner of the Maya window.

Once the geometry finally imports, (it takes hours compared to minutes in 2010), it's not the properly welded mesh that I'm accustomed to seeing in 2010. It's comprised of thousands of standard NURBS geometry pieces that don't appear to have been converted to the custom npower translator nodes.

When I import the same .step file into Maya 2010 64-bit, everything works fine. Am I missing a key step for the Maya 2011 plug-in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmelville View Post
I'm having problems getting Power Translator for Maya 2011 64-bit to work. With Maya 2010, it worked perfectly, but now that I'm attempting to use the 2011 plug-in, it seems to behave much differently.

I'm able to get the plug-in and import options working fine after install, but when I actually click on import(using .step format and the default tesselation options), I'm not getting the status pop-ups that appear in the 2010 version. The only progress bar I see is in the lower left corner of the Maya window.

Once the geometry finally imports, (it takes hours compared to minutes in 2010), it's not the properly welded mesh that I'm accustomed to seeing in 2010. It's comprised of thousands of standard NURBS geometry pieces that don't appear to have been converted to the custom npower translator nodes.

When I import the same .step file into Maya 2010 64-bit, everything works fine. Am I missing a key step for the Maya 2011 plug-in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Yes, there is an imporatant step you are missing. You need to disable the Direct Connect plugin in 2011. They set that up to be on by default unfortunately in 2011. That plug-in is actually interfering, and you are getting the results from it instead (that's why it is slower and less accurate). So go into the plug-in manager and turn off the Direct Connect plug-in.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:43 PM

Thanks so much! It's working now
Old 08-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmelville View Post
Thanks so much! It's working now
Excellent. I'm glad to hear that. Sorry we didn't clarify that issue earlier (it is a new problem with the way that they set up the 2011 version).