Untitled Document

Home Register FAQ Members List Inst Messg Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
User Info Statistics
Go Back   nPower Software User Forums > Maya Power Translator Forum > Maya Power Translator Bugs

Tags: ,

Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM

Maya right click "Marking Menu" changed

First off I would like to say great job guys on coming out with a product for Maya. I look forward to giving as much feedback as possible during the beta test process.

Here is my first bug report:

I noticed when I import an file using the new translator plug in, the converted mesh does not have the standard Maya right click markup menu to switch to Face, Vertex, Vertex Face, Line and UV mode. I can only go into these modes by hitting F8 or clicking on
"select by component type".

When the polygon mesh is generated some vertexes are not merged. I wanted to right click, go to vertex mode, select all vertexes and perform the merge command. Using the right click mode selection is an essential tool to fast production work flow. If I have to merge vertexes on every piece I import, this will slow me down a lot if this menu is not available on the converted meshes. I also would like to delete unwanted faces easy by using the right click marking menu for face mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg component_mode.jpg (45.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg marking_menu.jpg (36.6 KB, 10 views)