The Pwr_FaceEdit command
requires that you select a face on the object you wish to edit and then
you select the replacement face.
1) Select the Power NURBS object to edit. You
may also select standard geometry like a box, and it will be converted to
a Power NURBS object.
2) Click on the Pwr_FaceEdit command (either the icon or the Pwr_FaceEdit button)
3) Go into "Modifier Mode" by clicking the modifier tab (NOTE: Pwr_FaceEdit
does not work in creation mode. You must be in Max Modify Mode.).
4) Click on "Pick Face" button to select the face on your object
that you want to replace. This face will be highlighted when
5) Once a face is selected, the "Pick Surface" button will
become enabled. Click on the "Pick Surface" button.
6) With the "Pick Surface" button activated, pick the surface
that you want to use for replacement. This surface will be projected
onto the originally selected face, and it will replace that original
face. Note that the selected surface will be sewn into your original
solid object, and your original solid object will be trimmed to the new
7) Click on the "ShowResult" button to complete the
operation. The face will be replaced when you click on the
The new surface should be oriented in roughly
the same way as the original face's surface.
The new surface should be about the same size
or preferably larger than the original face.
The faces adjacent to the original face should
either intersect or be able to be extended to intersect the surface.
This option is typically used to replace the
top or bottom face of an extruded solid.
The topology (number of edges and vertices) of
the result should be the same as the original.