Smart Selection - Keyboard Shortcuts
Using the A key
for edge loops
for edge rings
for Insert Loops
1) Add To Selection: hold the Ctrl key while clicking edges, faces or vertices. The selected entity will be added if it is not already in the selection set. If it is in the selection set, it will remain there.
2) Toggle Selection: hold the Shift key while clicking edges, faces or vertices. The selected entity will be added if it is not already in the selection set. If it is in the selection set, it will be removed.
3) Additive Mode: there are two modes. The first mode requires select faces or open edges. Then hold down the A/a key and start dragging the gizmo. This will create new faces or edges. This is a quick way to do a simple Extrude or Extend. The second mode inserts loops. Hold the A/a key while hovering over an edge. You will see a preview of the loop to be inserted. Click and the loop will be created and inserted into the mesh. This is a quick way to do a simple Insert Loops command.
4) Face Ring: double click the mouse near an edge of a quad face to get a ring of faces selected. This is a shortcut so you will not need to use the Face Ring selection mode.
5) Edge Ring: double click near the middle third of the edge and it will select a ring of edges. An edge ring is a set of edges on opposite sides of quad faces from the start edge.
6) Edge Loop: double click near the ends of an edge to select all of the faces in the edge loop.
7) Context Menu: you can bring up the context menu with the most common commands by either hitting the S/s key or doing a Right Click on the mouse.
8) Undo: hit the Ctrl-Z key to undo a single command. You can walk back in the Power Surface command stack as far as you like.
9) Redo: hit the Ctrl-Y key to redo any prior Undo commands. Note that as soon as you execute any commands after Undo, the Redo commands will be cleared.
10) Select All: hit the Ctrl-A key to select all of current type entity.
11) Delete Entity: hit the delete key to delete selected faces, edges, or vertices.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free EPub producer